Monday, September 9
- Tactical Veteran: 'Military-friendly' companies can still lay off veterans
- Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges 2014
- DoD begins search for Air Force One replacement
- N.C. Guard to recognize same-sex marriages
- Sudden plan: Syria to dispose of chemical weapons?
- Senate delays vote on Syria strike
- Poll: Opposition to Syrian airstrikes surges
- Obama: I might lose congressional vote on Syria
- USAREUR leaves Heidelberg after six decades
- Official: DoD will 'aggressively' target military pay, troop levels
- Iraq vet Gabbard says Syria strike would be 'serious mistake'
- Four issues to watch as Congress returns for busy fall
- Lawmakers: Syria debate could offer chance to stop sequester
- Probe launched into VA center's disease outbreak
- White House tries to persuade war-weary public on Syria
- Assad warns of repercussions for a U.S. strike
- Chinese admiral visits U.S. Navy in San Diego
- Russia presses U.N. to report on Syria attack risks
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.