Friday, August 1
- Investigation clears top Marine general of tampering in sensitive legal cases
- DoD may send personnel to Africa to help fight Ebola epidemic
- 35 Palestinians killed as Gaza truce unravels
- Study: Shock waves can damage eyes
- North Korea seeks UN meeting on U.S.-South Korea drills
- Obama, Putin discuss Ukraine, missile treaty
- Clinton, in 2001, on bin Laden: 'I could have killed him'
- New Tricare policy retains therapists
- Post-9/11 vet unemployment rate jumps again in July
- Shadow runs let deployed service members participate in stateside races
- Biden praises Japan's new military policy
- CIA director reverses himself on Senate spying
- Couple channel grief into retreat for veterans
- U.N.: More than 1,700 killed in Iraq in July
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.